See some evil, hear some evil!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Contemporary Mahabharat: Banker's got serious competition!

; ; ; ; ;

Someone pointed me to this woman's blog and she's done a hilarious job of contemporarising the Mahabharat. Seriously, I try to be funny, but she doesn't seem to be making the effort and still turns out wayyyyy funnier than I can possibly dream to. Wish I could write like that.

Now, I'm a major fan of Mr. Ashok Banker, who's Ramayan series I've been reading like crazy (Desperately waiting for Part 5 of 6!) and he does a pretty darned good job of the whole contemporarisation bit, and I hear he's working on the Mahabharat now.

Although I'm gonna end up reading both versions of the Mahabharat, to feed different regions of my brain, Mr. Banker might just find competition if this lady decides to publish her work (and a publisher agrees to do it, I hear they can be quite daft) and I really think she should. Might run into trouble with the self proclaimed moral police, but that'll be fun in itself.

Anyways, what are you doing still reading this, go read the Mahabharat ala Crystal Blur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home